A secretary committee was formed earlier this year to study issues surrounding clerical positions. Members on the committee include secretaries, administrators, and central office personnel. The committee is nearly finished with specific recommendations. There has been 6 meetings during the year plus additional work in between. The committee will stay in tact following the presentation of specific recommendations which will soon be released. Some of the areas that the committee has studied includes the following:
1. Revisions to all building clerical job descriptions.
2. Recommending a formula for staffing in each building.
3. Assessing professional development needs for clerical staff.
4. Evaluating the current testing procedures and standards for clerical staff.
5. Studying the potential for a mentor program.