Are you or someone you know is considering becoming a teacher?
If you have a bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), this program might be right for you. Read info below.
Metro Detroit TRUE Project is an accelerated graduate level certification and residency program for recent graduates and mid-career professionals in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) or computer science (CS) fields.
- Earn a master’s degree and teaching certification in secondary math or science in 18 months
- Receive a living stipend
- Obtain mentoring support throughout the program and for two years post graduation
- Pathway to a rewarding new career in math or science teaching
- One school year residency in Detroit Public School Community District or Dearborn Public Schools
- 18-month innovative graduate level coursework
- 3-year commitment to teaching in DPSCD or DPS
- Ongoing support for new teachers
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Have a background in STEM or CS
- Have a desire to make a difference in student learning
- Highly qualified, diverse teachers who bring innovative STEM and CS learning to students in DPSCD and DPS
- Improved academic achievement in STEM and CS
If you are looking for more information, register below:
January 23, 2020– Location: Fordson High School, 13800 Ford Road, Room A-103, Dearborn, MI 48126