Administrators’ Evaluation Program 2016-17
Measurable Growth Goal-5% District Performance (4/11/2017)
Teachscape Update 10/9/15
- Teachscape glitches (e-mail dated 10/9/15 from Maysam Alie-Bazzi)
- Teachscape Rubrics (e-mail attachment)
- PlanI Goal Template (e-mail attachment)
- Plan II Goal Template (e-mail attachment)
Train the Trainer materials for September 3, 2015 training
2013 Framework for Teaching Instrument document (113 Pages)
Framework For Teaching Smart Card (2 pages)
IMPORTANT CHANGE FOR 2015-16. NEW EVALUATION RUBRIC AND ONLINE EVALUATION TOOL
The Dearborn School Teacher Evaluation Committee has selected the Charlotte Danielson Framework for Teaching Evaluation Instrument – 2013 Edition – as the evaluation rubric for the 2015-16 School Year.
The committee has also adopted the TeachScape Reflect online evaluation tool. Teachscape Reflect will replace the Stages online evaluation tool piloted in 1/3 of the district during the 2013-14 and 2014-15 school years.
The TeachScape Reflect tool will incorporate the District Plan I, II and III process and forms.
Charlotte Danielson Framework for Teaching Evaluation Instrument:
Performance Evaluation Resources and Information
*Per State Law: Teachers ranked Highly Effective on their year-end evaluation for three consecutive years are not required to have a formal observation. Per evaluation committee, walkthroughs are required. Teachers that were not formally observed last year must be formally observed one time this year.
(Three years HE, one year no formal observation, formal evaluation required following the “skipped” year.)
*Per State Law: Teachers ranked any combination of Effective and Highly Effective on their year-end evaluation for the last two consecutive years are only required to have one formal observation.
*Per State Law: Beginning in 2016-17 one formal observation must be unscheduled. Per evaluation committee, those required to have one formal observation will have an scheduled observation.
*Plan I Teachers are all required a minimum of two formal observations (one of the two unscheduled).
* Regardless of what’s required, administrators may formally observe if needed.
- Teacher Eval Program revised 9 4 13 (PDF) Entire document
Teacher Eval Program revised 9 4 13 Word version of entire document
Note: if you download the word version page numbering and formatting may not be accurate due to the software on different computers, the PDF version would have the most accurate format and page numbering.
- Post on Updates to the Teacher Evaluation Process effective starting with the 2014-15 school year.
Here is a link to a video on evaluations in Dearborn posted on Youtube January 2013 by Brian Whiston and Glenn Maleyko
- Evaluation Training Before the Elementary Principals on September 23rd, 2014 and before the Secondary Principals on September 30th. Please click here for the powerpoint presentation
- Board of Education Presentation by Mr. Whiston, Ms. Sipperley, and Dr. Maleyko, February 24, 2014
- board of education presentation November 28th, 2011
- evaluationpresnov14 2011
- Evaluation Presentations and Training Click Here to view and download multiple presentations
Plan I Templates
- Outline of Plan I
- IDP goal template plan I
- Pre-observation conference form
- Classroom Observation Form
- Post-observation conference form
- Yearendformplan 1
Plan II Templates
- Outline of Plan II
- Goal Template for Plan II teachers
- Plan II Conference Observation Form
- Plan II Year End Evaluation Form
Plan III Templates
- Plan III Awareness Final Summary Form
- Plan III Assistance Plan Form Initial Document
- Plan III Assistance Initial Meetings 1, 2 and 3 minimum of 30 days apart
- Plan III Assistance Final Summary Form
- Plan III Discipline Form
- Plan III Teacher Evaluation Year End form for all plan III Teachers
Sample Teacher Student Growth Goals
- Maples Sample Includes NWEA Sept 2014
- Presentation by Ms. Faraj and Dr. Maleyko regarding goal development November 2013
- Maples Student Growth Data Goals Sample pdf new version Nov 2013
- Maples Sample Student Growth Data Goals word previous version Sept 2013
- Growth Goal Sample
- Geer Park ELA Sample One
- Geer Park ELA Sample Two
- Geer Park Math Sample
- Art Sample Goal from Long
- High School Sample Goals 1
- High School Science Edsel
Other Sample Goals Document\
- samples Teacher Goal packet Sept 22 2011
- Plan I Goal Examples
- II Plan I Full Evaluation Sample 2010-2011 -1 (3)
- IDP Plan I Sample 2012-2013
Administrator Helpful Templates
- Highly Effective Teacjer Rubric Standards and Elements
- Effective Teacher Rubric Standards and Elements
- Minimally Effective Teacher Rubric Standards and Elements
- IInneffective teacher rubric
- sample cover letter-disclaimer for sending evaluations